Friday, December 2, 2011

Womens MMA and other stuff

There's a few things that I wanted to talk about, so I thought I'd make a list!

1. It seems like Strikeforce will actually be kept alive by Zuffa and I think this is a great move not least for women's MMA. Dana White has a point that the female divisions aren't really deep enough to integrate in the UFC but Strikeforce is a great platform for women's MMA to grow. I also love how the female fighters are covered in the MMA media, they get legitimate coverage and fight reports. This is something that rarely happens in boxing where they still haven't been fully accepted. I mean I'm genuinely hyped about a potential match up between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate. Those girls know how to promote a fight and they are seriously skilled too.

2. I wrote a fairly critical previous post about this season of TUF. I have to say the quality of the fights/fighters has won me round. Diego Brandao in particular looks like he could be a real force in the UFC. He's a mini Wanderlei Silva, loads of aggression and power.

3. I think Bisping's gonna take Mayhem. His wrestling is really good which means that this fight will likely be contested on the feet. I can't see Miller winning a stand up battle with The Count. I'm going for Bisping via unanimous decision. Although most American fans (and some Brits) will hate the prospect, a win on Saturday probably puts him one fight away from a title shot. Whilst he would have almost no chance of beating Anderson Silva (presuming he's still the champ) this would be a great opportunity to hold a title fight in the UK which would generate a lot of media interest over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment