Monday, October 17, 2011

First Post

As this is the first post it's only right to give you a little bit of background info on myself and why I love MMA. I was always a huge boxing fan, but fate drew me towards MMA when I moved to Japan in 1999. I gradually got sucked into K1 (I remember having a great time watching Mark Hunt win the Grand Prix with my kiwi housemate) and eventually Pride. Now I know that it's not so cool to bang on about Pride these days, and In later posts I'm gonna try and focus more on recent events but those Pride years were special, even more so as I was actually living in Japan. I've been hooked ever since. When I moved back to the UK, MMA and more specifically the UFC continued to grow and grow to the point where we are today. I would love MMA to keep growing and eventually overtake boxing in popularity, traditionalists won't like this but it has a chance.
Oh and my favourite fighters at the moment...Shogun, Dan Henderson, Anderson Silva, and Frankie Edgar (what a knockout against Maynard). I also have to admit that for all his detractors there's something about a Brock Lesnar fight which really raises the pulse.

I'm gonna try and post regularly, If anyone actually bothers to read what I write then thank you in advance, all comments welcome within reason.

Take it easy

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment